As per the World Health Organization (WHO) “Mental health is defined as a state of well-being in which every individual realizes his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to her or his community.”
Mental health is widely ignored by most which is equally as important as physical health. Our mind and its thoughts affect the body in ways that we sometimes do not even realize.it is highly dependent on how one feels, thinks and in turn, behaves. Our mental health can affect interpersonal relationships, life at school or work and even daily activities. One’s mental wellness can be affected due to various reasons that range in severity, such as increasing pressure at work or in a relationship to even the loss of a loved one or a crisis.
Why mental health is important as physical health
Maintaining a high level of mental health is of utmost importance as one can be affected at any age. Even children face various trouble with mental wellness which can go to the extent of leading to disorders. Phobias, depression, anxiety and other disorders are all a result of mental illness. People often fear seeking treatment for metal discomfort due to the taboo and stigma related to it. It is essential to be aware of one’s mental state and seek treatment at the earliest in the name of Online counselling.
- Mental illness, though not as easily noticeable as physical illness
- it is sometimes a lot more harmful. This is because its symptoms go unnoticed or are ignored.
- This causes delayed or no treatment. It is essential to realize that mental wellness cannot only be achieved by the absence of a mental disorder, but even the slightest crisis or feeling of sadness first affects the mind.
- Mental illness is one of the biggest reasons for suicide too.
- Positive social relationships, creativity, high levels of productivity, being proactive and being happy are seen as signs of a high level of mental stability.
Mental health is no less important than physical health, so balance must be maintained by dealing with stress, problems and anxiety well, so as not to turn into serious mental illnesses. We give you tips for maintaining psychological well-being with Online counselling chat with an ANdroid App called Pinkymind. Download the for for the further help today!